Friday, May 26, 2006

Obsessions

I have had various obsessions over the years. They usually involve some sort of cheese product (cheetos, chees-ums, cheese) or chocolate (peanut butter m&ms, regular m&ms, chocolate). I had a strange obsessions with Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds that was almost possessive. I would always have at least two boxes in the house. Anyway, the real reason you're here: My current obsessions.

Right now, I would really like a shiny new MacBook. I have been looking forward to this since before MacWorld in January. I've been wanting a new laptop and thought about getting an iBook. After they got rid of the eMacs and came out with the new iMacs, my husband realized they were probably going to upgrade the iBook, so I waited... and waited... and waited. I got up early on that Tuesday, waiting to hear Steve Jobs announce the new iBook. What he introduced was the MacBook Pro and while I would have loved to get one of those, I didn't need (nor could I afford) a professional strength laptop. No, I wanted the less expensive, consumer model. I was so disappointed. I'm not sure If I'd ever been so disappointed by electronics. Every whisper of an Apple Event made me long for the new iBook. Then, quietly, Apple slides the new iBook, all shiny and white (and black if you'd like) onto their website without any fanfare and again, I'm brought to tears, but the happy kind. So, we are going to a wedding this weekend and on the way back, we will stop at the Apple Store and I will get to tap my fingers across the very beautiful, simple keyboard and ask my silly, technewb questions and nerd out about the writing software I can get for it and maybe, if the sun is shining, I will get a new MacBook and if the sun isn't, then I will get it in a few months when it is much more reasonable. But obsessions aren't reasonable and I'm sorry, honey, for always talking about it.

So, your turn. And if you're scared that your obsession is closer to my cheese obsession than to my MacBook obsession, then here's my other obsession. Magic Shell. Especially Reese's Magic Shell. Even though there is no peanut butter in the recipe, nor does it warn against peanut allergies, so, scary. But it's so good and slightly addictive. As we all know. Now share. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM..... Reese's shell covered MacBook.

(to Anonymous #1: we saw the typos in the new post and we understood everything just fine. Please spare us your cowardly ways.)

Anonymous said...

(Anonymous #1)

Thank you, you retarded anonymous hypocrite.

I'm done here. (And yes, I realize that will hardly break any hearts.)

Anonymous said...

(Anonymous #1)

This Girl, I just wanted to apologize that things seem to have gone south. I appreciate a lot of the things you toss out there as food for thought for the rest of us and more importantly (to me, anyway), I appreciate how you write.

So, I shall follow your blog anonymously and silently. Take care.

This Girl said...

AnonyOne
I'm glad you will continue to read. I'm sorry we all made it so hard for you to critique my site. It is hard to get the voice of those who comment. You know, when I know the people, I can hear how they say whatever. But when someone anonymously comments and critiques, it is harder to hear. What made it bad on my part is that I am not really trying to be correct on the site and maybe I should be. But I write as I hear it. I am not trying to make Straight perfect. Straight comes directly from my mind, through my fingers to the screen. That's it. I'm spell checking now, but that's about it. I need to have at least one place where my imperfections are tolerated. So I hope that you will comment on the topics as you see fit because I really covet the comments *grin*... and thank you for the compliment. I'm glad someone else likes my writing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm still here too. Since AnonyOne found your blog through me and I know him, I just want to say this: He's a great guy, he's very intelligent, he hates to hurt anybody's feelings, and he loves a good argument. He would never set out to insult anyone, but if you want to pick a fight with him (which AnonyTwo obviously did), you will get one. He and I have had a lot of arguments and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. It's never personal. So thisgirl, be sure to thank Anonymous #2 for denying you the comments of an interesting, intelligent, opinionated reader.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»