Tuesday, December 25, 2007

L'Italia, qui vengo!

That's Babelfish English to Italian for "Italy, here I come!"

I am going to Italy, and if the price is right, I might also get to go to Paris. The next three months, I will be teaching myself Italian, saving every extra penny I make, working to make sure I have extra pennies by trying to get more work, etc.

Advice from The Honey, who won't be going... "Have fun in Italy. Don't fall for any Italian men. You know they're all criminals." "'Cause they're in the Mafia?" I ask. "Yes. Me, I paint with a broad brush. My brush covers all of Italy."

He didn't, however, say anything about Parisian men.

It is officially Christmas day. We are watching 24 hours of A Christmas Story. The Honey says, "You're going to watch this every Christmas, aren't you?" "Until they stop showing it," I respond. "And then, when they stop, you're going to complain about it on your blog."

That man knows me so well.

Merry Christmas, all!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you should totally fall for a Parisian man. That'll show him!

Anonymous said...

He didn't need to specify Parisian men, everybody knows that the're all fi fi anyways.

Anonymous said...

I have never watched "A Christmas Story" and I intend to keep it that way. I have seen a clip here and there and it doesn't even bother me that I have no idea why Santa kicks him in the face for asking for a BB gun...