Friday, March 30, 2007

ESPN Radio

I am addicted to sports talk radio.

Addicted.

It started during football season (I love football), but somehow, it has steamrolled into an everyday obsession. I sometimes enjoy basketball, thought I hadn't liked the NBA for years - until recently when those guys stopped playing like spoiled brats in a gym and started running like men on a hot, outdoor, asphalt court with something to prove.

But I digress.

And not just an ordinary obsession where I want to listen all the time. The kind of obsession that makes other people say "whoa". The kind of obsession where you get angry when, instead of hearing Mike and Mike, you hear Mike and Josh, or Doug and Mike, or The Herd is with John Seibel, not Colin Cowherd.

I need it to be Colin Cowherd!

And I feel left out when I hear a clip from a show I didn't get to listen to. Or I start to muse on the actuality of Reggie Miller and Dan Patrick's relationship.

I want to know it ALL.

But I won't subscribe to ESPN Insider because that's not how I want to spend my money.

Ah well, who knows. Maybe this obsession will only last 6 months, like my country obsession.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, except that I can't stand Colin Cowherd.

Anonymous said...

country is crap!....prove me wrong.

This Girl said...

I get how people can not stand Colin Cowherd, but I think his show is the best. In fact, I'm all about the shows from whenever Mike & Mike starts until Dan Patrick goes off. I even listened to the Hometown Sports Show with Terry Harbin... I hated his voice, but they were alright. I wonder what happened to them?

Anonymous - I can't prove you wrong. There is no accounting for taste. I just know for about 6 months of my life, I listened to country music and I have some very fond memories and songs from that period.