Sunday, April 22, 2007

All Time Nerd High

I have been knitting for almost three years now. I started the summer before I got married, although I got discouraged in the early parts of marriage and put knitting down for a bit. Then, on the way to visit family in Michigan, I decided to bring my knitting with me and I have been going ever since.

I'm still in the "knit straight things" category, scarves, blankets, afghans, etc. The other day, during a special event at my favourite yarn shop, Creative Yarns I talked someone into showing me how to make yarn from "roving", fiber in its unfinished form.

My husband has informed me I at at an all time high in nerddom. But I love it. It is interesting watching this:



turn into this:



and this:



In other knitterly news, I am still working on the baby blanket for a special little girl. This is what I have so far:



It is mostly finished, although the hardest part, the ruffled edge, is taking the longest. 1 down, 3 more to go! *sigh*



No comments: