Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Have A Lot To Say

I just don't know why I can't write it.

It should be easy.

Maybe tomorrow, words will come.

Well, lots of words are coming, I just don't know how to put them together in the best way for this medium.

I want to be funny, but all I ever am is the Straight (wo)man. I want to write about the funny things, but really, all that comes out is... what is about to follow in the next couple of days. It's like I have some sort of writing plague and instead of funny, drama comes out. Drama comes leaping out of my mouth like slimy frogs.

Slimy, ugly frogs.

Oh, believe me, I know some people are going through drama. I almost have to invent my drama... almost. Believe me, it's real, it's just almost completely unnecessary for you to see me through it. But you will.

Because I need the switch to come on. That elusive switch that just isn't appearing for me now. I long for that click, my shoulders on edge hoping that with each letter my fingers strike, with each realization and revelation, I will reach the switch nirvana and it will be flicked and that audible click will be so refreshing that I will be forced to describe that click in great detail.

You know you want me to.

So, hold on to your hats 5 internet readers, you faithful dears who have loved me and stood by me even if I was a crappy friend or even if you don't know me and still hand around in hopes that the Honey will finally start his blog up again (I think he might) or even if you had to because I told you I posted and waited as you checked your feeds on your phone to read every word I writ (not a typo, but prolly should be considered one). The ride is getting bumpy, the reads are getting longer, and the road is getting swervier. And maybe my thoughts will come back on me full circle. Maybe not. But for the first time... like EVER... I won't mind being wrong, because it really is all about the journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make that 6 now!

This Girl said...

Very appreciated! Welcome aboard Little Sister!

Anonymous said...

I have a request. I would like you to do a couple of blogs in theme. This may be a very basic writing exercise that I am ignorant of, but it may help to focus you.

Do one as a screenplay between two known fictional characters that would never meet and see if you can get your feelings/ideas across. (That was an example, not a direct request, as is the next one.) What about Third person commentary..."I saw This Girl doing/thinking/feeling..." or old school detective novel, "She wandered aimlessly for minutes that seemed like hours trying to avoid the truth that today was destined to be dedicated to Rock Band instead of writing..." I dunno, I would love to see the creativity and the already entertaining stories combine.

Or not.

I think psychologically we respond better to two challenges than one sometimes. I know that if you do it goes a long way toward explaining our decade long friendship.

Rant complete.