Tuesday, November 08, 2005

NaNoWriMo Misery

So here I am, trying to write, and by trying to write I mean updating my iPod, adding songs to my song library, looking at old pictures of me and vowing to lose a little more weight, eating Pringles and reading my email. And by reading my email, I mean checking it every 5 seconds to see if someone sent me email. I'm at a little under 6,000 words, which would be good if it were day three, but it is actually day 7, which means I'm 10,000 words behind. WTH??? I think I'm going to be one of those people who just burst into tears randomly as I feel the crushing weight of word count bearing down on me.

So here I am, writing so well for this little blog (how did you like that long, long story of our trip to Miami? Cause the weekend felt as long as that story looks) but I can barely get to the next plot point for my story. Your assignment, dear reader, is to give me the next plot point. I'm not going to tell you what the story is about. I just want you to tell me a good plot point. If I use it, I'll post an excerpt. Thanks for having my back. (I just found out, by looking at the date, that it is really 8 days into it, so I should have 12,000 words by the end of tonight *bursts into hysterical tears*)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's always the classics: Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back.

You could always kill someone unexpectedly.

The verdict: guilty. Or not guilty. Whatever.

War breaks out, main character gets drafted. Or feels an obligation to defend his country. Or protests, as he opposes all violence.

He meets "the other man", or she meets "the other woman".

She discovers his secret life!

His meds wear off, and we discover that all we've read so far was just a dream. Or was it...

She's suddenly transported to another world, one very different from her own.

He witnesses a crime.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you should be set for quite a few chapters there. Let's see if I have anything to add...

It turns out the dog was really an alien.

Our hero runs out of gas at an extremely inopportune moment.

Something involving a creepy fortune teller at a carnival.

Terrorists blow up the local Wal-Mart.

Come to think of it, any sentence at all which ends in "gas at an extremely inopportune moment."

42.

The garbage collectors go on strike.

We're not much help at all, are we?

Anonymous said...

NO! NO! NO! ......None of that! Here's what you do. I want you to start a sentence, then in the middle of that sentence, have an demon take over your soul...and keep it like that for the rest of the sentence...you do that through the whole thing without explaining it....and all of a sudden it becomes the next Ghostbusters!!! OH YESH!!!! Thats too good to use i think. You could always go become a fancy blimp operator and try to fly to the moon!!!

Anonymous said...

She discovers she has a unique ability. Telekinesis, maybe.

He's a vampire!

She gets a gun and takes a hostage.

They get snowed in.

He contracts a deadly illness.

She wins/loses/enters a contest or competition.

He's in an auto wreck and spends the next five years in a coma.

She takes part in a government run experiment.

His house gets condemned as part of a road project.

The child gets attacked by a rabid dog.

It's haunted!

Aliens land in the yard.

She meets a childhood friend, or maybe the friend calls her out of the blue.