Sunday, January 08, 2006

Brewed

For the last month and a half, we've been working on a video podcast. It's a sitcom situated in a coffee house. The main characters are the employees, but there are some crazy customers going through there as well. The people are normal everyday people with hopes and dreams and weaknesses... well, more weaknesses than anything, but it's been an incredibly fun experience. In that time, I've written 8 scripts. I've edited the first script alone 8 times. We are shooting that script this weekend. I'm too excited. I don't know what it's going to look like, but it will be a dream come true. I was head writer of my own sitcom. It will be online in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed!) and the whole world will get to see what we've come up with. Some of you will find it funny. Some of you won't. That's okay. I have to say it was the most fun I've had with a group of friends and strangers in a long time. The prospect of continuing this association excites me. My husband is, of course, the mastermind. I only work part time (approx. 25-30 hrs a week), but he works full time (40-50 hrs a week) and full time with this production. We've both had two jobs for a while now and we're super tired. So if you do this sort of thing, pray with us for strength, guidance, direction. Now would be a great time to have a church family, other people rooting for us from a knowledge and love of us, just like our families. So keep that in mind when you lift up those prayers.

We have been so incredibly blessed and we are so incredibly thankful for the last few months even if they have been tiring and trying. I am in no way complaining. I wouldn't have it any other way. So keep an eye out on this site for THE site and maybe you'll see something you find funny. Besides my typos. Don't say anything - it will hurt my feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything.

I'm pure rebel baby. Don't try and tame me.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to see it!