Monday, January 09, 2006

Brewed2

I could see it all falling apart. The realization that this was going to take much longer than we expected, that we really needed more people for extras, the let down feeling when the people who'd promise to show up didn't.

It would have been enough to break the average production down. But with this seeming failure, we've found our beginning. So, we will be delayed by a couple of weeks, but the delay has done nothing but make us realize our dream can finally happen.

I was so exhausted after the shooting. Our extras from Valdosta were the most fantastic people who's interest in what we were doing far outweighed any impatience that waiting all day could bring. They were game to participating when they thought they'd only be sitting around and added one of everyone's favorite line, which will now be part of the script. Thanks Bim! Daniel, Aubrey, and April, you guys rocked all of our socks off!

Two guys walked into the shooting location because they knew the guy playing our homeless guy. Not knowing this, seeing two new faces, I put them in roles and they did them without question. Later on, on asking them how they came to hear about our shooting, they told me they were just saying hello to an old bandmate. I told them about the show and they will come in and be extras for us, hopefully on a regular basis. Thanks Jeremy and Colby! You guys rock too!

We have so much work to do. But now, we have a better understanding of what to do and how to do it. I'm still excited (now that I'm not so tired) and I can't wait to see what we come up with!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be in your show!

Anonymous said...

I'm bummed that you didn't ask me to be an extra.

Anonymous said...

i never knew you had so MANY talents!

This Girl said...

Josh, I wish you could as well. We need people.

Kevin, the show was almost cancelled. But it will continue. So, if you'd like to be an extra, you can show up at 2:00pm Sunday at the Zebulon J.Cup. We'll have a place for you.

Jo, I didn't know I had so many talents.

Anonymous said...

you can't cancel until i'm on the show as my alter brit ego!!! and then you will not want too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll have more and more extras every shooting. Yeah, the delay can only make you guys stronger mentally and physically. So keep up the good work. You were super nice and pleasant to us strangers. And that is one of the things you have that will make you and your show successful. We'll see you again on Sunday.;-)

Anonymous said...

dude, when are you going to post again?!