Monday, January 23, 2006

Thus ends the saga

Not of Brewed, but of the struggle for Brewed. We were watching the raw, unedited footage and it is funny. We will be filming next weekend and could definitely use some extras! We need ninjas. And a big guy in a trenchcoat. And a glowstick ninja. It is definitely a silly show, but we are having fun.

Well, we are having fun now that we know that what we did today was good. Not excellent. It's not going to win us any awards, but it is good. I can't wait to finish it.

In other news, I'm looking at starting a part time writing business, so I'm learning how to make a business plan for a home based writing business, studying more writing so that I can eventually sell to magazines. I'm trying to come up with ideas for the local magazines and indie newspapers so that I can develop a clips portfolio. I'm trying to narrow down my fields of expertise... coffee and abstinence education... I've worked with coffee for 5 years and I taught abstinence education for 4 years. I'm also going to look into creative writing contests and developing my own book of short stories.

I'm still working on my lowly sock, but I can't show them to you because my camera hates me. Again. I have to get a better one and that will be a while. I can't wait to get one though because I have an idea for a picture blogsite and I can't wait to do it. I have a capelet design that I should have started on two months ago, but very beautiful grey and wine, soft wool yarn are stashed in my closet, waiting for me to care for them. The capelet design is a bit more complicated than I am used to, but hopefully, I will get some new yarn soon *hint hint*

Ah well, all's well that ends well. Our own commenter, Kevin, was there and did and excellent job as a pissed off customer. I can't wait to write the show where he comes back and gives as good as he got!

Bim and Daniel returned and did an excellent job. You'll get your chance for revenge Bim! We looked at the footage and your scenes were awesome. We should be able to use them just fine, no worries. We missed Aubrey and April, but we understand when life takes you towards your goals. I hope you guys enjoyed your day! I'm so happy to have this week behind me. It could have been an ulcer inspiring week. But it is over and the sense of accomplishment I feel for my first directing and writing job is... awesome.

Anyway, it's beddy bye time. Goodnight all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have stuck around longer, but I was tired of being wet. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm glad that you'll be able to use the footage and I can't wait for my REVENGE! LOL. You guys did a great job. We had a lot of fun that day.

I wish you the best on your writing career. You are a good writer. It shouldn't take you too long to get to where you want to be.

The ninjas episode sounds hilarious...haha. I bet it'll be one of the funniest episodes. I can't wait to see the finished footage.

Anonymous said...

i hear ben edlund has a couple of extra ninjas (roughly a million sillion) that you can borrow... i cant wait to see some of this. if you tell me when you are shooting i would love to watch if it isnt a 'closed set' (not sure i used that properly). i'll be waiting with worms in my mouth.

- Benjimouse

This Girl said...

Benjimouse, I see you've got commenting down *grin* I don't think there will be a problem with you being on set. I'll let you know the next time we're shooting. Anyway, it was good.