Monday, August 06, 2007

Hi, My Name Is This Girl...

and it's been 1 month since I posted on Blogger.

So, some things are going to change, like blog consolidation. Now, all my thoughts on different subjects will be put on Straight, and put into categories. Also, I will write more often. I know I've been promising that for almost 3 years, but now I think I can keep that promise... and if not, I will make it again in a month.

It's almost time for the fall television season and starting tomorrow, I will be giving my network by network synopsis and prediction for the success and failure of the shows this season. I will also recap last season's predictions and tell you 1) whether I was correct for the general population (i.e. shows were actually canceled) and 2) whether I was correct for myself (i.e. shows were taken off of the DVR).

I Saw A Bee

So, the original tomato plant that produced fruit has more tomatoes. They are small. I know they should be bigger. I have two other tomato plants, both heirloom. I am a bit worried that they won't produce fruit, but I saw a bee today. The fact that it played amongst the leaves and went nowhere near the flowers while I watched is not heartening, but if all I have is a beautifully green patio with no actual fruits and vegetables to show for it, I think I will be okay.

Or I might cry.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (no spoilers)

What a great book. After a friend and I finished reading and discussing everything like the crazy nerdly people we are, he sends me a text asking me to make him a Weasley sweater or something so hard, I would have to start on it next year to get the front portion done by next Christmas, so instead, I say I will make a scarf, Gryffindor of course, in a pattern I've seen since I first saw the scarf in the movie. Of course, if I knit on needles of the size required, it would take me as long as it would take to make a sweater to finish. So, larger needles, but a good design. Pictures to come.

I am done with all but one ruffled edge of my blanket for a friend whose baby is edging closer to the one year mark and further from being the right size for this blanket. Which sucks. This design went much slower than I suspected. It is beautiful though. I am proud of it. I'll be even more proud of it when I have a 4th ruffled edge.

In Other News

My house is a wreck. I have been in and out of town for the last couple of weeks. So when I am in the house, I've been catching up on my summer shows, writing and sleeping. I didn't even go to the market Saturday morning and I normally do. I did, however, find a new distributor of fresh eggs, so that's nice.

In a few days, I will have been married 3 years. More on that as the time approaches. I will more than likely reminisce about meeting my husband, the ups and downs of being married, why marriage is not like what I expected and what the Food Network has to do with helping my marriage be healthy.

Apparently, I have a lot of things to write about tomorrow and tomorrow is today.

So here goes... in a little bit.

3 comments:

Michael Collins said...

I think combining all your blogs is a very good idea!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, has it been three years already? Next you'll be telling me you're now thirty-something.

This Girl said...

Thanks Mike. I'm glad you think so.

Kevin, don't remind me.