Saturday, July 02, 2005

Escape



I took this idea from a co-worker. I now introduce mandatory weekly Calvin and Hobbes. Which may or may not be mandatory or weekly. So enjoy!

I felt like this today. It was a nice day out... hot as Hades and a desert combined... you know, where you feel like you're on fire and sweat is pouring, but there is just a little bit more heat under the surface and just when you think it couldn't be any hotter, it is. Like I said, a nice day. And all I could do was stare out the door, jealous of the people who got to come in then leave. Someone was talking to me and saying that she hated working so much because she missed out on life. She wished she could come to the shop more often. I found myself laughing, wishing I could be less in the middle of everyone else's life. Plus, today, 4 very important people moved back to their hometowns. The girls were missionaries to a youth center and worked with me. I had something to say into each of their lives, a mentor of sorts. I got to really use that Titus "older women teach the younger women" part, although I'm not that much older nor were they that much younger, but it fits. I miss them. I have a beautiful picture and I card that made me cry. So, with about 5 hours of sleep under my belt, 4 friends gone, 3 degrees of heat trying to make me come out of my skin, and a couple of disasters to avert, it really took a few deep breaths to keep me on the job and smiling. And several cups of water.

P.S. This is new, so stop laughing.

No comments: