Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My past life?

I don't know how you feel about this, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation. What! This has to be some kind of joke. I'm too not girly to have been female in my last life! You were born somewhere in the territory of modern southern England around the year 1450. So did I live 520 years like some kind of vampire or are they only able to track one last earthly incarnation at a time? Your career was that of a designer, engineer or craftsman. Hmmmm, all jobs I'd picked out for myself when I was 6.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Seeker of truth and wisdom. They should have said writer. You could have seen your future lives. I always wanted to be clairvoyant, but apparently that went out of style in my lives when I died at the age of 520. Others perceive you as an idealist illuminating paths to the future. Uh huh, right.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to develop a kind attitude towards people, and to acquire the gift of understanding and compassion. Whoa. Who told you?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you believe in life on other planets, there's no reason that you couldn't be reincarnated on one of them.

Or we could discuss the possibility of bardo (or antarabhava, if you prefer).

This Girl said...

what's antarabhava?

Anonymous said...

For Hindus, it's the state in which one exists between lives. Bardo is the same thing, except for Buddhists.

This Girl said...

so how do you get "between lives" time?

Anonymous said...

Your between lives time is based on your Karma. You must wait until an appropriate situation arises for your rebirth.

This Girl said...

I see. So noone knows specifically when or where or why... based on past life Karma... so is it up to you to find out why? if so, how do you find out?

Anonymous said...

There are many different opinions on that among both Hindus and Buddhists.

Some say there is no time between, that you're reborn immediately. Some say there's a time limit (49 days most commonly) on how long you can be between lives. Some say it can last an indeterminate amount of time.

As for finding out if a situation is right, you just know. It's kind of like falling in love. No one needs to tell you you're in love, you just know it, through and through.