Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Late Night Thoughts

I've decided to start writing for two hours a day. One of the things I wanted to do was write this blog post. I was trying to come up with something interesting, something that would make you want to come back everyday and read what I write, but all I could come up with was to complain about writing. I sat at my computer for 54 minutes, waiting for inspiration, waiting for something to come to me, something that would be so good that it would spur my writing on for weeks, months, years to come.

Nothing. For 54 freakin' minutes.

I'm going to get Blue Like Jazz. I'm pretty excited to read it. Actually, I'm just writing words to see if something will come out. I finished a short story and someone is critiquing my work. Already, I know that I need to do something with the first half of the story. The last part is interesting, but the first part is boring and that is what will keep me from winning any contest, or keep any short story collection I may write from being successful.

I wonder if I should take up drinking. I wonder if that wouldn't help this entire writing process.

August 14 will be one year married. WOW!

Stay tuned. The adventures of Pork Chop will continue later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to more Pork Chop.