Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Let Freedom Ring

My fourth of July weekend was very eventful. Here I have placed an itemized list of things done that weekend.

Batman Begins: (spoilers, maybe)
I.Loved.It. We were supposed to see it a couple of weeks ago. When we got there, the 9 was sold out. I wanted to go to the 10, but he thought it would be better if we got some sleep, plus I had to make sides for the party after church, so we didn't go see it. I got so mad, that he made a vow that he would not see the movie and he would take not seeing the movie to his grave. He had decided against his vow by the next few days, word of mouth on BB was so good. He thought it was okay. I thought it was the best thing since Frank Miller featuring Batman. The previews made me think Christian Bale might not be the man for the job, but the movie proved he was. The direction was definitely Christopher Nolan, camera angles, the jumping from scene to scene. I even liked Katie Holmes, but maybe I was just overwhelmed by sheer Batman-ness. The things that made me laugh out loud in the theatre, causing others to laugh nervously when it went on for far too long, is when the Scarecrow is riding around on the horse, trying to scare everyone and Katie Holmes taser's him (I laughed a good long time at this) and the headline that read, "Drunk Millionaire Burns Down Home". (that one only got a hearty chuckle)

Sunday:
We went back to our old church. We left because it was too far and in the year we've been married (two years going to the church) we have not built quality relationships... It's noone's fault. We live 45 minutes from everyone and we both work nights. So we are going to look for a church closer to home. However, we went last sunday because they asked The Honey to play for them. He went on no sleep. I went on 2 hours of sleep. I felt like merde. (excuse my french) Then we went home and slept until 7 o'clock pm, tried to go eat crablegs, got rejected, ended up eating at O'Charley's, which was okay, then we went home and talked the rest of the night. (sorry, fascinating to me, but boring to you, intimate moment - but I'm documenting here)

The Fourth:
The Honey gets a page from the job. He's supposed to be there at 11:30 (IN THE MORNING!) and it's 11:08. He's gone so fast I miss it. So I sit knitting The Blanket, watching tv and wondering if he's going to come back soon or if I'm going to have to call people so that I can get to a cookout at Dustin's. But he comes home and I get the car. The Cookout was pretty good, but the fireworks was the stuff of legend. Legend as in I'm sure if we had not been there, Dustin would have burned down half the forest out back. We were on a quite open lot with the most garish blue barn you could imagine... No, I mean it, imagine worse. The fireworks were not launched, but they were beautiful nonetheless. Despite the gnats, mosquitoes and various other bugs and pests trying to get into our mouth and eyes, it was a nice night outside. Then some of us sat around and talked for a while and at the end, it was Brian, Dustin and me watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We decided to watch the 2nd one because we wanted to see the Vanilla Ice dance scene. In the middle of the movie, we started talking about someone who had the last few boyfriends cheat on her when they found out she wouldn't sleep with them. Horrified, I asked if she met these guys in church. We then got into this very serious discussion when all of a sudden we heard the first streams of the Ninja Turtle Dance. All conversations cease as we sing along. (that's what I call priorities!) We were all surprised to see we remembered the dance. Surprised and Ashamed. We talked a bit more about a comedian named Mitch Hedberg (sp?) and then I went to pick up The Honey. Well, the Mitch Hedberg stuff happened after midnight, so I guess that was the end of the fourth Festivities. The weekend was really fun.

Things I learned from this weekend:
1. Taking things to the grave is never a good idea
2. Not getting enough makes you curse in french
3. People named Dustin who work with you should never, ever be given his choice of where fireworks should go off... always point him to the empty field and away from the trees, no matter how hard he cries
4. Old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still rock (it's still corny, but it still rocks.)

No comments: