Sunday, December 18, 2005

New Things To Come

I'm in general excitement mode lately. We've been working on something that is exactly what I want to do and all of the sleepiness and tiredness will mean something in the end for all of us. I know I'm being a bit cryptic, but I don't want to say any more until there is more to show.

In writing news, I'm writing more than ever. I will hear back about my short story relatively soon, but I am sure it isn't going to win. That's okay. I will keep writing and entering contests so that eventually, I will get something published. One day, someone will pay me to write and I hope it's next year.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas. It feels like any other month to us, except with more traffic and pretty lights everywhere. We didn't decorate this year because I'm still married to a Scrooge, but it was also a bit of a relief to not decorate AND to not have to get rid of a tree this year. Last year's tree is still rotting in the woods. You know they have those weekends after the new year where you take your tree in to be made into mulch. Well, we missed that weekend and when we carried the tree out into the woods, we looked like we were dumping a body.

I wanted to do a New Year's Eve party, but I can't this year. I have, however, invited my friends to one next year because the conditions for me being able to have a party according to Scrooge will in place. I'm so excited. I don't know how to act. All next year will be party planning for New Year's Eve. I may even be able to have a Christmas party... but I did promise that I would only have one a year.

Right now, I'm just procrastinating. So I will let you continue to surf the internet while I go back to writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle talked me into putting up our (fake) tree this year. It was up for all of three days before Toby pushed it over and we decided to put it away for another year. Or three.

Anonymous said...

I went fiberoptic a few years back and I'm glad I did.

This Girl said...

I saw a fiber optic tree. It looked cool. But it didn't smell like pine. Which sucked.