Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Procrastinating

Do you remember when you were little and you thought about the year 2000 and how far away it was? I remember when I was 12 years old, I realized that I was 12 years away from the year 2000. Since I don't remember anything until the age of 5 (except for random flashes from the "before time") That time seemed really slow to me. I couldn't imagine getting to 12 years from then and what I would be like. I imagined being old. Then I thought about how I would be even older 6 years later when I reached 30. My friends and I couldn't imagine being thirty, living that long... It's amazing what time is like to a kid compared to an adult.

I'm in my last 20. 29 years, 11 months, and 4 days old. In 27 days, I will require love and lots of it to get me through the day. I may even work so I don't have to think about it. I don't dread it. I look forward to it. I just wish I was going to go to Europe too.

And to The Honey. I'm not your "old lady", I'm your "special ladyfriend".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

---

I was in High School when Prince sang that. 2000 seemed like an impossibly long time away.