Saturday, May 05, 2007

Never Satisfied

I love living by the lake. I love being able to sit out on my patio and write/read/watch tv on my computer. Do you know what I hate?

Spring slash summer.

Oh.My.Word.

I spend the winter hoping for the spring. I am so excited about the first morning I can step outside with my computer in something other than gloves and sweatshirt (can't type in gloves).

So, apparently, are the critters. Mosquitoes, gnats, other flying lake things, spiders, beetles, ants... They, too, spend all winter just waiting for the spring, to come out of hibernation, to pursue something they hope to be one day good at - like flying up my nose just as I think I'll be left alone.

It is so beautiful to look at the lake. In the spring, the morning air is so perfect, a nice gentle breeze that is neither cold nor hot. The air is crisp, the light is good, the waves are gentle. I love it.

I hate the critters.

There are literally 3 good days to be outside.

This year, I missed them all. All I got was bugs.

These bugs travel in packs, like a gang. An angry, hyperactive gang. They move so fast, yet they can hover in one spot for hours. Apparently, there are several bug rivalries. They will clash at times, move away, then come back to their spots.

I missed my days. But if anyone can find me an ant free outside spot, I'd be forever grateful.

No comments: