Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What'd y'all order a dead guy for?

I tried for a long time to convince The Honey to watch Serenity with me. Then one night, unbeknownst to me, he watched it, probably out of boredom.

And he liked it.

He liked it enough to try Firefly, the show the movie Serenity came from. The show that did so poorly on Fox, the show I was mad at for taking Dark Angel's place. Now, I watch the 14 episodes at least 2 times a year, if not more and I remember Michael Weatherly more from NCIS than from the show I once paid so much attention to.

So when Firefly comes out in HD DVD, we will enjoy a mini marathon of canceled television show ending with the series finally major motion picture and enjoy ever goram minute of it.

"You wanna explain to me exactly why you got yourself all corpsefied and mailed to me?"

I love the characters. As I watch it now, every time I watch the show, I can't believe how much I like it. I can't believe I didn't give it a chance. I was young and stupid I guess. I've laughed and cried with this group of bandits, watched them be a family... it's awesome. An awesome show.

He asked me if the show was better than the movie. Yes. Yes it is.

I can't watch the movie without watching the show. I'd prefer to watch the show first, followed by the movie, in its true order. However, I started out with the movie and then the show, just like The Honey will. Maybe I'll start dvr-ing the show on Universal HD and watching it with him, since our fall shows are off the air for the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never could get into it. Too anachronistic for me.

This Girl said...

Ha! That's why I thought I wouldn't like it. But as a friend said, any sci-fi that isn't hokey is a good thing. If you gave it three episodes and didn't like it, then I'm sorry you didn't like it... but give it three episodes and if you still don't like it, well then I don't know what to say...