Friday, May 11, 2007

Green Thumb

I bought tomato plants. A good friend is growing them on his apartment balcony, apparently with much success, so I figured I would try. I bought a plant, but the guy gave me two with a sly little "just in case" look.





He was right... However, I am continuing the growth of one plant...




But what I am most excited about is my strawberry bucket. I was a bit disappointed when I first bought it. there were only 4 strawberry buds on it. Yet today, when I went out, I found at least 10 buds total and about 3 more possibles. I'm so excited.

Baby strawberry flower...



Strawberries!






All in this one little container...



To show that I am becoming obsessed (as usual) with a new hobby, I am considering my own worm farm for composting....That's right, spawning thousands of worms and using their poop for fertilizer. Obsessed.

No comments: