Monday, May 28, 2007

Keeping In Touch

Sometimes, I don't write because I feel like I don't have something profound to say. You know, I kind of want each post to be something big, or manifest some new thought or lead others into a different way of thinking.

It's a nuisance really. I am itching to talk about things, but when it comes to getting those "things" down, I balk...

I choke, really.

But really, all I ever do is write, watch tv, knit/spin, and garden. I am a boring person. Oh, I have a job and I manage people, but when it comes to the things that make up me, these are the things, besides being a wife, that take up the most time.

I'm thinking about working on that blanket. I finished one sock, but find starting a new one is easy and hard at the same time. Both involve some sort of boredom in doing a repetitive action over and over again, but then again that sense of excitement that on long strand of fabric creates a multitude of things. When I showed my husband my sock, a sock that looked made specifically for my foot (because it was), he was amazed. Not because he didn't think I could do it, i don't think, but because he didn't realize the joy in it. Something created specifically for you. Something that took time and doesn't look like garbage, something that looks like something you might buy. Amazing.

I cooked out today, a few things. There's nothing like the taste of grill cooked food. And I wanted that taste. It was really good. I wished my tomato plant had ripe tomatoes for me to cut up on the hamburgers. One day, that will be the case. My strawberries are pretty, but now I have to wage war on the slugs so that they don't eat them first. I'm also started a worm farm so that I can have my own composte. It's amazing how good vermicomposting is for plants. Yes, I am handling worms. I used to fish. But I do wear gloves because, basically, those creepy crawlers deserve their names. (is slightly grossed out just thinking about it). With the gloves, it's not so bad.

I am trying my best to be a consistently good writer. Right now, I'm merely passable. There are some things I can be proud of, but mainly it's crap. To me. I want to be consistent. I'll give myself time before I throw in the towel.

I miss tv. My DVR is lonely. No new shows for it to record (just yet) and nothing new for me to watch. It's sad. I can't wait until the summer season starts. It's just that pause between Winter and summer seasons that's a bit frustrating for those addicted to television. Just as well, I need a bit of a break anyway. Ruffles don't knit themselves.

No comments: